The Marc Shirt was originally featured on Pattern Revolution.
Mel Henry is the face behind Filles a Maman. Her patterns are available for girls, boys, and women. Filles a Maman is relatively new to me; however, the company is not new to the sewing world.
Today is all about Marc’s Shirt! Marc’s is available in sizes 12 months to 14 years. The pattern is written for short and long sleeves. The most unique feature about Marc’s is the woven asymmetrical collar. You’ll be able to add a special flare especially for your little one. Choose from buttons, KAM snaps, or a zipper. Your imagination is the only limit. The shirt is made from knit.
I sewed up simple versions of Marc’s Shirt for my three littles. Each of them picked the KAM snaps they wanted to use. My oldest picked glow in the dark, middle picked white, and youngest picked blue. It’s fun watching their creativity show in simple features. One tip: have your child try on the shirt before sewing the buttons. This tip helps if you have a sensory sensitive child. As you can see, my littles love their Marc’s Shirt. Thanks to Purpleseamstress Fabric on Facebook for the airplane fabric.
Here are some of the pattern details:
- Seam allowances 3/8″ included
- Instructions are very thorough
- Metric and imperial charts for finished garment measurements
- Charts for fabric requirements
- Designed for knits like cotton jersey, cotton spandex, cotton lycra, interlock on the shirt body.
- Possibilities are endless for the collar, shoulders and facings using woven fabric
- Detailed tech drawing included in the instructions
- Intermediate pattern; could also be great for confident beginner
I would like to personally thank Mel Henry. I was having a lot of trouble understanding how the collar when together. She took time in between cooking dinner for her littles, their bath and bedtime to help me understand. I am beyond appreciative of Mel’s help!!! Pattern Revolution has reviewed Filles a Maman’s patterns. You can read more reviews here. Simple and easy to construct, Marc’s Shirt is a great way to showcase your child’s style. Are you ready to make Marc’s Shirt for your special little one?
Here’s a special outtake from the photo shoot just to make you smile!
Until we meet again! Remember, it’s all about the sewing!